Prestigious High Schools in Canada for Foreign Students
High schools in Canada – education information
School education in Canada is one of the most popular directions in the field of international education. Education in Canada is a combination of the highest quality and availability, traditional methodic and modern equipment, also favorable living and learning conditions.
School education in Canada is deservedly considered one of the highest quality, prestigious and effective in the whole world, and the international schools in Canada are highly developed educational institutions with a comprehensive infrastructure.
Canada today is a developed country with a strong economy, a fairly flexible policy for immigrants, friendly attitude to foreign citizens, in particular to students, as well as with incredibly beautiful nature, a comfortable climate and the purest mountain air – all this allows school education in Canada to enjoy great popularity among students from different countries of the world.
Studying in the best schools in Canada costs less compared to the USA or Great Britain, however, at the same time, Canadian education is in no way inferior in quality.
Advantages of studying in the best schools in Canada
- The certificate of full secondary education of any school in Canada is highly valued among the leading and ranked universities in the USA, Great Britain and many other countries.
- The cost of school education in secondary private educational institutions with a comparable level of quality of education and the offered living and learning conditions is slightly lower than in the same UK or USA, as well as in some other countries.
- Loyal policy towards immigrants stipulates opportunity for the foreign students to get citizenship, get a job and move to Canada for permanent residence, and the steady pace of economic growth will allow you to find a job and achieve success.
- The education sector of Canada receives huge subsidies and investments from the state, so there are all opportunities to use the latest achievements of human thought, modern computers, infrastructure elements, teaching methods and educational programs. The vast majority of educational institutions in Canada have modern computer classrooms equipped with the latest technology, which has an exceptionally positive impact on the quality of school education in Canada.
- School education in Canada is not only and not so much academic education as the development of skills and talents of each student, the search for the area that is interesting to every student. The teaching staff pays a lot of attention to these aspects, using an individual approach, that is, giving each of their students as much time as they need to understand a particular material, achieve a new level of knowledge. All this subsequently helps the children when passing final school exams and when entering higher education institutions not only in Canada, but also around the world.
- Much attention is paid sport development of students, many schools are building their own stadiums, sports complexes, swimming pools, as well as indoor ice rinks for hockey – the national sport of Canada.
TOP secondary schools in Canada – specifics of studying
In Canada there are two types of school education: in English and French. Official languages in Canada are two – English and French. The vast majority of primary and secondary schools offer a choice of education in a particular language, but this needs to be further clarified for each specific school in Canada, because there are also purely French or English educational institutions.
School education in Canada includes primary and secondary levels. Primary education in Canada has a structure that is similar to the American one: children study for five years before reaching the age of 15. Moreover, the primary education in Canada is compulsory. For the foreign students additional language courses are organized. In primary school, both girls and boys study together.
Secondary education in Canada includes three stages and lasts for 11-12 years (grades). Of course, each of the Canadian provinces may have its own structure of secondary education, and therefore the duration of secondary school may be different. Thus, the secondary level in Canada can include either grades 7 to 12 (children study from 12 to 18 years), or grades 9 to 13 (children study from 14 to 18 years). The academic year, as a rule, begins in Canada in September, ends in May-June. The academic year is divided into two semesters of six months.
Schools in Canada fees for foreign students
When choosing school in Canada, it is necessary to take into account the following factors:
- The prestige of school
- Available ways to accommodate students during their studies
- Catering for students (in most cases, full board is offered – meals three times a day)
- The need to pay a registration fee to apply for admission (the amount of this fee varies in different schools)
- The cost of necessary textbooks and school uniforms
- Number of events, which includes in extracurricular program.
On average, the tuition fee in schools in Canada varies from 12,000 CAD to 70,000 CAD per academic year. In addition to this sum, it is necessary to additionally to pay the cost of living - about 11,000 CAD per academic year.
The best schools in Canada – TOP 5
- Brookes Shawnigan Lake
- Rosseau Lake College
- Albert College
- Columbia International College
- Ridley College.